Saturday, March 5, 2011

Christmas Catch Up!

I am going to try and catch up on the last few months. I am so far behind but this blog is my journal and scrapbook at this point so I am going to attempt to keep up! We spent the holidays in Texas this year. It was hard on the kids not to have their dad around for the festivities but I went anyway because all my brothers and sister were going to be in Texas and I hadn't been home for the holidays since Kysa was two!

Before we left, Kysa had her Christmas dance recital. It is a little crazy to have rehearsals and also remember to have both cameras charged and make-up done, etc. but there is no other way I would rather welcome the Christmas spirit in than watching my little girl dance to Holiday music. She totally puked the whole day of her recital but felt better that evening and danced her heart out. I was so proud of her for going. Once we got home she resumed her puking. Yuck! She is a little trooper!







Once in Texas the first outing took place at The Bass Pro Shops. I was way excited that the kids had such a good time AND it was free! (Well, if you refrain from buying their cute but over-priced merchandise)



Uncle Josh!



You can see how Halle felt about Santa!

Baking cookies for Santa. The best part is still tasting the dough!



And Christmas . . .


My sleepy girl!





Can't forget the Pillow Pets and Sock Monkey!

Here is Kysa doing what she loves, painting.



and Halle painting her face!

I finally went to the stockyards! Of all the years I lived in Texas I had never been there! I know, I can't believe it either! LOVED the fried pickles and authentic Bar-B-Q! Yum, Yum, Yum!



The girls loved seeing real Longhorns. They were quite amazing to watch!




And that is the Christmas Vacay in a nutshell! Stay tuned for more . . . .

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Those are cute,cute faces..I missed them. Love you all!

Followers